This DIY wax bar allows you to make your own beeswax wraps at home. Perfect if you have a particular fabric you want to use, or a favourite old wrap that needs re-waxing.
Enough to make approx five medium wraps, the 110g bar contains our special blend of little & kind ingredients; New Zealand beeswax, pine tree resin and organic coconut oil. This ensures your wraps will be sticky enough to cling to bowls and around produce.
There are a few different ways to make the wraps at home. We suggest the oven method which is outlined below. Please be aware the process of making wraps is a messy one! Wax is tricky to remove so we suggest you use tools specifically for this purpose.
Please note this product contains the pre-blend wax and instructions only.
What you’ll need:
- Oven tray
- Greaseproof paper (eco if possible!)
- Cheese grater or vegetable peeler
- little & kind DIY wax bar and instructions
- Select your fabric - this might be something you have at home, find at a fabric store or secondhand shop.
- Preheat oven on bake to 80°C.
- Line oven tray with greaseproof paper and lay one piece of fabric flat on top.
- Remove small strips off the wax bar using either a cheese grater or vegetable peeler and sprinkle evenly over the wrap.
- Place into the oven for approximately 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it, checking every minute or so - when the wax has completely melted remove tray from the oven.
- Quickly spread the melted wax evenly over the wrap using a new paintbrush making sure all the fabric is covered. Be careful not to get the wax onto the tray as it can be difficult to remove.
- Place the wrap back into the oven for approximately 1 minute - just enough to heat up the wax solution again.
- Remove from the oven and immediately lift the wrap up gently by the top corners (be careful as it’ll be hot!) and hold over the greaseproof paper on the oven tray. This will catch any wax drips. After about 30 seconds it will be cool enough to lay flat on a bench or hang using a clip peg to allow the wax to cool sufficiently for use.
- Leave for 3-4 hours before using.
Note full step by step instructions are also included with the wax bar.
Typical delivery 3-6 days.